Tuesday 19 March 2019

Pictograms redesign

Simply, I looked at different Olympic pictograms as inspiration but mainly focusing on the 2020 Tokyo Olympic pictograms to develop. One that I like the most is the 2008 Beijing Olympic pictograms, it worked really well because the pictograms look like the Chinese calligraphy which displayed a Chinese culture through the pictograms in an international event.

Therefore, I tried to design something based on the chequered patterns and other geometric shapes with the unique blue that used on the Tokyo 2020 Olympic logo.

On the sketches, I used the rhombus as the head because it is the same objects that appeared on the original designs.







The most difficult part to make a decision was whether using the blue with outline only or fill in the whole pictograms. It is true that the one filled in work better because it makes the viewer easier to understand. Hence, I developed my design with this decision.


In a total of 33 sports and some contains more such as aquatics.

No comments:

Post a Comment