Saturday 2 March 2019

My favorite Japanese animation

Since being a huge fan of Japanese animations and manga, I watched or read a lot of Japanese animations and manga, I have quite a lot of favorite anime characters and story. In this blog post, it is about my sharing, for example why I love that animation a lot, what attracted me the most, etc.

First of my favorite animation is "Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny(機動戦士ガンダムSEED DESTINY)", it is a 2004 anime television series directed by Mitsuo Fukuda. It is a sequel set two years after the events of Mobile Suit Gundam SEED. The producer was Sunrise Inc(株式会社サンライズ), the reason I really like it is because of the products from this animation, such as toys and games. The most famous product from the anime is "Gundam Model", almost every boy has one or more, it is similar to LEGO which people need to build the model by themselves. Therefore, the products bring me to watch this anime and I really like the story behind and the characters and gundam drawings which I think is really attractive, my favorite "Gundam" from this anime is "ZGMF-X10A Freedom", the colour worked really well on the model.

Mitsuo Fukuda

The toy model of "ZGMF-X10A Freedom"

Main characters from the anime



Another my favorite animation is "SLAMDUNK(スラムダンク)", even though the anime was about 20 years ago but it is still popular nowadays in Asia because of the realistic story. The reason that I started to play basketball is because influenced by this animation. The anime was premiered since 1993. It is produced by Toei Animation. Directing the series is Nobutaka Nishizawa. 

Basically the story is about a man called Hanamichi Sakuragi, who is a delinquent and the leader of a gang. Sakuragi is very unpopular with girls, having been rejected an astonishing fifty times. In his first year at Shohoku High School, he meets Haruko Akagi, the girl of his dreams, and is overjoyed when she is not repulsed or scared of him like all the other girls he has asked out. Haruko, recognising Sakuragi's athleticism, introduces him to the Shohoku basketball team.

Even though there are some remake version of the manga, the colours and characters looked more realistic and modern, however, I still prefer the oldest version which produced in 1993 because it is the most original.

Nobutaka Nishizawa

Main characters from SLAM DUNK

1993 version of the manga

Remake version of the manga

It is true that being a fan of Japanese animation/manga, I have a lot of animation and manga that I like and I can't introduce all in here. Generally, I like those animation and manga are because of the background story are really attractive to me and I like how the characters be illustrated which is the style that I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment