Monday 11 March 2019

Initial ideas

Since I have sketched my basic ideas, I developed it in digitally so that I can see how they work in a better way. Simply, I tried to use an object to make the logo more "Japanese style". For example, I used "calligraphy" to draw the outline of the half circle and worked with "kanji-refer to COP research", basically Kanji is one of the three scripts used in the Japanese language, are Chinese characters. One of my favorite ideas is working with the map of Japan because it is so meaningful as we are organizing the Japanese event hence, it makes the logo linked to the event very much.

As the typeface "851チカラヅヨク-かなA" works really well on this so I continued to use it as the main typeface. Moreover, when viewers look closer on this typeface, it looks like calligraphy because of strokes are not all filled perfectly. Therefore, it created an effect which is similar to calligraphy.


I asked the client/organization to select their favorite one, they prefer the top left, which is the one working with "Sakura" because it is the most linked to the event's name (Sakura festival). Hence, I will develop my other design based on that logo.



No comments:

Post a Comment