Wednesday 27 March 2019

Evaluation

Studying manga course in Japan is one of my wishes after graduate when I was young, I travelled to Tokyo several times because it is really close to Hong Kong, only takes around 3 hours flight. I really like the culture, environment, and shops in Japan, especially the anime industry. They often organize some festival related to Japanese animation, also their animations or manga can buy/show in Hong Kong easily. Therefore, it forced me to be a Japanese anime fan.

How it related to graphic design?
Actually, I think it doesn't matter that I study graphic design and want to work in the anime industry because graphic design is also about "Communication" so I think the most important thing is how/what can I make to attract viewers, for example, the cover, anime posters, etc.

Why study in Japan instead of Hong Kong?
It is true that I am from Hong Kong, however, I don't really like the teaching system in Hong Kong because it is too competitive and pressured, when I was in primary and high-school in Hong Kong, the school pushed us every day, it is quite similar even though in university.
Therefore, I want to try studying in other Asia countries especially Korea and Japan because both countries, the design industry is really inspired to me, for Korea, it is fashion and Japan is anime.

Though this research brief, it gives me more information about studying manga course in Japan, like what typically do they teach. Even though I am not sure if I can really study in Japan in the future, at least I got some really useful information which is helpful for me to plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment