Monday 28 November 2016

Study task 2 (Objective Symbols of Subjective Things)

  In this task, we were asked to use only shape and colour, apply our developing understanding of pictograms and symbols to develop a series of visual symbols to effectively give the subjective the appearance of the objective. First of all, I choose three adjectives to work on which are EcstasyBeauty and Sensuous.




  And then I searched the meaning of these words as I want to try to see if there have any inspiration for me to design the pictogram for these words. After that, I got some ideas, for example, "make up" items can represent Beauty so I drew some make up items to represent the word beauty. Also, drugs can be the best example to fit the word Ecstasy. Moreover, as one of my word I choose is Sensuous so I want to be "attractive" due to the meaning of the word. Hence, I drew some magnet with an eye which trying to represent "attract people's focus".





  These are some examples in this task, I tried to cut from the letter "W" and replace them to form something, also I tried to use continuous line to draw the pictogram. Moreover, I tried to use type to stick some pictogram, however, the output weren't good as I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment