Saturday 12 November 2016

Second idea in digital development


  For my second idea, I looked at Univers because of its clean style font which is suitable for a formal way. I typed A~Z in upper case using the Univers typeface. As I wanted to join the dice into the typeface, I looked at a dice and I found that the dot from the dice is very interesting and it can represent dice. I looked at Univers due to it clean style which is same as a dice, don’t have a wide curve.




  For example the letter "A", I changed the details of the Univers typeface, I covered the triangle by a small rectangle and then clicked "Pathfinder" with "Unite". After that, I made a circle from the centre and divided to different parts. At last, I deleted the circle at the centre so that the empty circle look like the dot of the dice.


  For some letters, I want to make it quite special because I wanted to make some different with others but it also represent dice. So I just picked some letters randomly. For example the letter "J", there are some quite wide curves but actually the are the circle. I want to give a message that "Lucky is a cycle". I believe everyone don't just want to be lucky only one time, so I designed a half circle at the top, another circle in other place , etc.  And the letter "J" is really a good letter to represent the cycle because the "J" is from top to down and then return from the bottom to upper.


My second idea of the output of the full typeface in black and white.


No comments:

Post a Comment