Sunday 6 November 2016

Ideas sketching



  After I did different research, I got two idea that to make my typeface look lucky. The first one, I wanted to combine the horseshoe and clover to the letterform based on the Clarendon. Hence, I sketched my idea.


  For example the letter "A", I made a wide curve at the top so that it looks like a horseshoe. To make it better, I designed the letterform be superbold including the bracket to give strong contrast to people. Actually the reason that I designed with Clarendon upper case is because most letters are similar to a horseshoe other than lower case, also it give strong impress to people. For example the letter "A", "C", or "U", they are really similar to the horseshoe. For the letter than doesn't has any curve such as "I" or "T", I designed to join with the clover peduncle, I classified the "I" to two part, and put the peduncle with the letter, it is thinner in the middle.


  For the second idea, I joined the dice with the letter based on Univers. For example the letter "A", I changed the details of the letter, I put the circle(the dot from the dice) at the triangle part, then I filled in except the circle. However, I think it would look better if the circle can be larger. So I drew it again with a larger circle.


  Actually I like the first idea more than the second idea as it looks more lucky and interesting. I want to get some feedback in the next group critique, I want to ask my classmates which typeface look more lucky. After the critique, I will start make my design in digital form.

No comments:

Post a Comment