Friday 11 November 2016

First idea in digital development



  This is my first trial in digital form. However, some of the letter are quite different with my sketching ideas because after I traced the sketches to illustrator and drew it, I didn't like the output,  they look quite different than what I imagine so I just redesign it. Also, some letters have different typeface because I am not sure which one is better than the others. Therefore, I will ask opinions from my classmate or during the critique. Actually my typeface is mainly inspired by the horseshoe. However, I faced a problem, some letters don't have any curve such as "I" or "H". Hence, I felt quite difficult to develop it. 



  For example this letter "I", my sketching idea is the right one but it does't look exactly the same as what I want so I just looked again to the horseshoe and see how can I design with the letter.


  I think the top of the horseshoe is a good idea for me to redesign the letter. I joined two part together and made it straight to form the letter "I". It was really a good experience for me because if I face this problem again in the feature (not look exactly what I expect in digital form), at least I have this experience help to tackle the difficulties.




  I made it just in black and white because I want to show how does it look like in black and white.

No comments:

Post a Comment