Sunday 8 April 2018

Idea develpment

  Once I have a clear idea what I want to produce, I was really excited because I was going to start my gaming card design. To be honest, I watched many Japanese comic or animation since I was very young as they are very popular in Asia. Hence, I was excited because I could apply my own knowledge in this project which was very funny.


  Therefore, I made a list of the animations that I am going to use in my design, basically, they are the most popular Japanese animation and most people know it. 

  For the gaming card, I wanted to make it looks simple because the aims is to celebrate the Anime music but not a specific gaming card. Moreover, I think it would be better and easier for people to play. Therefore, I decided to make the card be simpler, I didn't want to make too many rules for this game. I wanted to make the boundary be thicker because the Pokemon card did the same thing so I was inspired by it, it looks better with a thicker boundary.



  There are three colours for the card (light brown, pink and green), actually I didn't have any reason for me to choose these colours, I just randomly selected a group of colours and then choose three colours that I thought would work the best. 

  Basically, there is a red circle in the front of every card because it represents the Japanese flag, I think it match with the card. While, in the middle of every card, I used the character that I drew and traced it in Illustrator and just worked with Black and White so that it looks simpler. However, due to the fact that some of the characters were too difficult to draw it so I decided to try a new tele that I just learnt from Youtube to make it easier. However, I did know the design for the back side of the card whether I should work with vector or in text which I will ask in the next crit.




  So basically, I found an image of that character from website first and then make it Posterise and Threshold in Photoshop so that it became a black and white character which was a lot easier to draw the outline and trace it into Illustrator. It was a really useful skill for me in my practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment