Monday 16 April 2018

Development

  Basically, there were a number of people suggested that I should working with darker tone as it let viewers feel more serious when they looking at it. Therefore, I mainly worked with black and white only because it is the black is the darkest colour and white can create a strong contrast when using them together.


  Actually, I used different pictograms to represent my ideas even though I don't know if it really works or not but I feel it is a better way to present my ideas rather than just texts. Also, I understand that there is a symbol represents "Peace" and I think it may be suitable for my issue that's why I tried to use it in some of my designs, however, I think it would be better to use a hand-drawing style rather than just trace an image because it seems more personal.


  It was maligned as an anti-Christian symbol (an upside-down broken “Nero-cross”), a satanic character, or even a Naziemblem, the iconic peace sign is apparently not so innocent to everyone.          Thankfully, the symbol has a clear history, and its origin is not so controversial. The modern peace
sign was designed by Gerald Holtom for the British Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament in 1958.   The vertical line in the center represents the flag semaphore signal for the letter D, and the downward lines on either side represent the semaphore signal for the letter N. “N” and “D”, for nuclear disarmament, enclosed in a circle.

  As I collected many informations from my asian friends in Leeds, hence, I made a poster that specifically about the real cases that people discriminated by someone in Leeds before and I planned to show it during the event. The aim of that is to let more people understand the real cases that what discrimination caused. Rather than that, I also designed a simple poster giving to all participators in the event, it is about what they can do if they faced discrimination, basically, it is just a guideline for those people who is the first time faced discrimination.



No comments:

Post a Comment