Monday 16 October 2017

Materials/ Binding research

Materials: For materials, I am thinking about some thin paper because my idea is to make 5 section of something like leaflet and then it can be folded in a pocket size so that travellers can carry it out easily. The reason that I am not going to make a formal booklet is because it is unconfident
to carry out and people need to flip the pages all the time, while making some leaflets, people can just open once which is similar to a map. Therefore, I am thinking about using some thin paper to make my publication. There are many thin paper that I can consider.
1: Carbon Paper

This is paper with one side covered with solid ink, the eponymous carbon or a similar solid dye. However, I think this type of paper is not suitable for my publication because I am wondering if I print in double side, the ink may be penetrate and it can't be read.

2: Thinner card
I think this is the best choice for my publication because of the thickness is fit to what I want, also as we can see most of the advertising leaflets are using some thinner card because it print well and easy to fold but not easy to break.

Binding method:


I looked at few pages from a book about binding a booklet, due to the fact that my idea is something like a leaflet so I am thinking about "Mock book fold" because it looks quite simple which means is easy to open, as my target audience is for some travellers who are lazy, don't want to flip the pages so I am sure that they want a publication which is easy to open or read.

No comments:

Post a Comment