Tuesday 17 October 2017

Idea development(Type)

  Due to the fact that my aim is to make a publication which looks similar to leaflet and specific for travellers who are lazy to read. Therefore, I want to typeface in the publication be a simple so that they can read easily such as helvetica. I was thinking about using the colour of the Scotland flag. In one of the lecture, tutor reminded me that it may be difficult to read using white as the font text in a blue background so I think I should make the font be bold so that it would be much easier to read even though it is in white, I don't want to make any changes on the font colour because what we can see from the Scotland flag is just blue and white.
  I remember we did a lecture about typesetting so I want to apply to my design, I was thinking about arrange the font with the baseline so that it looks more organise. Also, using grid is really important for the layout so I also used it to help with my layout design.










 Afterward, I looked at some thing that can represent Scotland. I looked at a typeface calling "Rennie Mackintosh". ITC Rennie Mackintosh font is based on the handwriting and drawings of Scottish designer Charles Rennie Mackintosh, who was widely acclaimed for his highly original buildings, interiors and furniture produced at the turn of the century in Glasgow, Scotland. The ITC Rennie Mackintosh font family includes two weights, bold and light. The bold font design is very close in weight and colour to Mackintosh’s original hand lettering, while the lighter weight was designed to be suitable for use in smaller point sizes. I think it would be very related to what my brief is if I use this typeface in my publication, however, I tried to use this font for my body texts and it looks very complicated and difficult to read. Moreover, I asked some of my friends in my class if thy could see the font in the body texts, unfortunately, they all said it was difficult to read so I just decided to use it for the title of my publication and keep using Helvetica for the body texts because of it simple style.






No comments:

Post a Comment