Thursday 9 February 2017

Module evolution

  In both studio brief, I feel quite happy with the actual outcome because I worked harder compare with last module even it may not looks good but I spent more time on the works which made me feel happy. Especially in the first studio brief, we worked the project through a long time, about three months. We did a lot of study tasks helped to develop our designs, I really enjoyed the time worked on those study tasks. In the first studio brief, the first study task was worked as a small and then went to the city of Leeds and created a short video about our group’s wayfinding system, that was my first time to work as a team for the project in this course, I felt quite excited because that time we couldn’t choose to work with who so I couldn’t work with my friends. Therefore, I felt quite sad at the beginning but when I worked in my team, I thought the idea was very interesting, we used balloons as our wayfinding system so I wasn’t sure if it works or not. However, the result wasn’t bad, I saw many people reacted to that. Hence, it let me started to get interest in the project.  It was a great starting point over my first project. And then, the study tasks second and third were even more funny, I remember, when the second task set, many people in our class shocked because we have to design 50 pictograms in a very limited time. Due to this reason, I felt very nervous at the beginning, I wondered if I could finish the task on time but tutors suggested that we could only use few seconds to finish one design. I thought it was a good experience because it could develop my skill that make a design in few seconds and then go on with other designs. Moreover, in the second and third study tasks, I learned a great skill which I can always use in the future. In those two tasks, cutting from letterforms and shapes was the main process that I used to work on both tasks. After I cut from different letterforms and shapes, I replaced them and formed different designs which I thought is quick and good result. Therefore, I also used the same technique to work on my final design in the first studio brief. I found that the letter “I”, “L” and “O” were great for cut and replace because of their simple style. While, in my second studio brief, we got about two weeks to work on that project. However, I didn’t really feel nervous as last time worked on the second study task in the first studio brief, I really enjoyed in this studio brief as we could choose an object from a list and then make any designs. It doesn’t has any limitation so I thought it was a “Free project”. However, both of my studio brief, I worked the designs too complex which made the result not good at the beginning. As I always worried if people could understand the meaning of my designs so I always tried to make the design over elaborate. However, people said it may even looks worse than a simple design. Therefore, that is the biggest problem that I think I have to overcome. Last week, the “BUILD” talk said if the theme is complex, just work very complex, however, if the theme is simple, we should work really simple, we should never work in the middle which mean make the design between over elaborate and simple. I thought I worked like that at the beginning of both projects that’s why I thought that is my main problem which I should improve and develop it.

No comments:

Post a Comment