Friday 3 February 2017

First Idea development

  When the ping pong ball hits the racket or the table, the ball will rebound to the opponent’s racket and the rebound continues to create a lot of directions.

  

  Ping pong ball and brick wall 1 A ping pong ball bounces straight off a brick wall. Conservation of energy requires the ball to rebound with the same speed it had before the collision, assuming that heating losses are negligible.
  Due to this fact, I decided to apply this idea to my posters. At the beginning, I looked at different curves and line patterns. 



  

  I wanted to combine the first and the second ideas together because I think when we are playing Ping Pong, the ball will hit the racket or table and creates a lot of sounds. When this is repeating, it sounds like a song or music so I want to put the second idea into the first idea. Hence, I looked at something call "cornelius cardew treatise". Treatise is a musical composition by British composer Cornelius Cardew (1936-1981).Treatise is a graphic musical score comprising 193 pages of lines, symbols, and various geometric or abstract shapes that eschew conventional musical notation.



  Since I looked at different examples of treatises to get some ideas. I traced some treatises into Illustrator and made them look simpler and duplicated some of them and replaced them to form a basic outlook of my posters. The reason that I did this is because I think when the ball hits the racket or the table, the direction of the ball is similar to the treatise.

  I want to make different versions of posters because I want to make my idea more interesting which mean after I print out the posters I can replace them and then form like a real Ping Pong table. I sketched my idea to a white paper first.


 I planned to make six posters instead of four posters because I wanted two of my posters has a landscape outlook. Since I got this idea, I started to work on the real designs. I created six art boards in Illustrator and then use the traced treatise to make my posters.

  As this idea is an exhibition of Ping Pong 120 years celebration poster so I put "120" to every single poster. Both of the middle posters, I decided to put the music note line to the bottom and top of the poster because I think the music note line look alike the Ping Pong table net.


No comments:

Post a Comment