Wednesday 26 October 2016

Final outcome/Brief summary and evaluation

26/10/2016
 Final outcome

  In studio brief 1, I created different outcome. The word that I got is "DingDong". As it is a sound so I designed my company to be a communication app company. My target audience is general public but mainly focus on teenagers because they will be the major group of people to use the app as they always chat with others. Therefore, the main function of the app is chatting with people. I want my market be international so the app is free to download from AppStore or Google play. As "DingDong" sound quite active so I don't want the app only can chat, the app will do some corporation with different companies and release some emotions which users can buy or try it on the "DingDong Store". After that users can use during their chat.


This is the interface of the chatting room of the app.

For example, my company will do a corporation with many companies to release some emotions such as Disney or DreamWorksAnimation, etc.










This is an example when people using those emotions in the chat.


  In this studio brief, I think it is really excited because we were given a word that we didn’t know before and have to make a design based on that word. Luckily my word isn’t too difficult. This is my first studio brief over the course so I felt quite nervous at the beginning because I was scared if I did everything right. I was confused whether we have to rebrand for a company or design our own company at the very beginning. But after I fully understand the brief, I found it is very fun to design a logotype for our own company. Generally in this brief, I really like the productions it looks better than what I thought so I am proud of myself about that. In the final crit, I displayed my outcomes to my classmate and they said they feel really friendly when they looked at the logo, the gradient colour match with the letterform with white colour. However, they said I can think about what functions does the app exactly have because I didn't think about that when I working on my project. For example, Instagram mainly for users upload or view photos and videos. While, messenger mainly for users chat with people. So I need to think about it in the future tasks that are similar to this. Overall, I think I learned a lot of skills in this brief for example kerning, critical analysis etc. It is really a good starting exercise and chance to improve my knowledges in this course. 

No comments:

Post a Comment