Wednesday 17 May 2017

Design development

  At the first stage, I designed some pictograms according to the survey that I asked people what they usually did during the Cop lecture. Basically, most people usually slept or played with their mobile while the lecture. Hence, I wanted to make the advice by a simple design, mainly visualisation so that students won’t feel boring to read the advice. For example, it’s just suggesting students to wake up and back to uni early or be concentrate, etc. For the series of poster, I designed three set of poster in two different versions as I didn’t know which is the best, however, when I showed to some people in a crit, they suggested me to keep both version so I just leave with two versions for every set of posters. For the glasses, I just used the same pictogram that I used for the advice and then just sticked on the glasses so when the student really want to sleep but feel uncomfortable they should wear it so that it shows more respect to the lecturer. I found a pink box because the pink is the LCA logo’s colour which is really meaningful and I did the design with spray paint because I wanted to make some design on the box, as it is for Cop lecture so I cut the word “COP” from a card in helvetica. I worried if I use serif font with spray paint, it may looks very messy, therefore I just used a clean typeface to do the spray paint.


  I want to do the spray painting because it looks really cool and attractive. Due to the fact that most students found Cop is a boring lecture so I wanted to make something to get their attraction so that I can give advice to them to stay awake in Cop lecture. To do this, spray painting is the greatest choice. I looked at some graffiti and I found that the pattern are usually not in order which mean can draw randomly.
                                     

                                              


                                    

  I quite enjoyed the process of doing spray paint because it was fun and the outcome was really cool especially the effect of "O" and "P" look really attractive.

                                                         

  As I wasn't sure which one is better so I asked some people from the class and most of them asked me to keep both so that I can have two version for every single poster.


                                      

  At the beginning, I designed some pictograms because I wanted to use in some of my poster so that students can read easily. Basically, I just wanted to keep the design simple so I just made those pictograms mainly in two colours or just black.

                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment