Wednesday 3 April 2019

Idea development

Due to the fact that the Blackletter idea doesn't work at all so I changed my plan to just focus on thin and clean strokes with some geometric shapes so that it looks similar to the English version.

I looked at few Chinese character typeface that I think is similar to the original logo/San-serif typeface/ serif typeface for example "Adobe 明體 Std L", "蘋方-繁", "宋体-繁", etc. The characteristics of these typefaces are quite similar.



I came out with the typeface called "小塚ゴシック Pr6N" because it looks the best at all and matches with the English logo very well. However, I didn't like some of the strokes on the character so I did a minor change in order to make it looks better.



The parts that I used the red pen to the circle were the parts that I didn't like it, I cut that off to make it looks more nature/geometric which match more to the English one.


Furthermore, on the first character, the bottom part, I used rectangle rather than the slightly bent strokes. It was because it makes more connection to the upper part of the character. As a result, it looks like the picture below.



The left one is the unmodified typeface and the right one is the modified typeface. I think the right one works better with the English logo.

No comments:

Post a Comment