Friday 17 March 2017

Initial Ideas


  At the beginning, I wanted to focus on the “Rooster” as it is the main reason to celebrate the event. Hence, I used some lines to draw some pictograms to represent the rooster. As the event happen in 2017 so I drew a “2017” at the bottom which like the legs of the rooster. On the other hand, I tried to sketch a lion dance performance in my sketch ideas of poster, however, I found that it doesn’t related that much with my event and it looks too complex as in last module, many people said I should make my works simpler so my aim in this project was to make the design as simple as I can. Therefore, I looked an Asian designer website to see his works, I look the typography design of his book (left bottom), I really like how he made the words by used different thickness so I got an interesting idea, I made “Happy New Year” in Cantonese. Afterward, I tried to do a similar thing with the book cover but I used triangle shape to form the word. I looked at the structure of the Hong Kong traditional architecture and I tried to use square to make the basic structure of the architecture for the border because the windows of the architecture  mainly used square only. Moreover, I tried to make the
rooster with triangle but I didn’t like the outcome so I just leave it. When I showed my initial ideas of my 5 posters, many people like the one worked with typography, they said it was the most interested and works well so I decided to develop on that idea.




Hong Kong traditional architecture









Digital Initial Ideas:










No comments:

Post a Comment