Friday 3 March 2017

Final crit for Studio brief 01

  In this crit, I showed my final design to my class.
Front cover-  people said the idea that put all the main characters and things from the book to the red sock was really interesting. But someone said I don't really have to put all details into the sock, may be just some of them so that it looks simpler. Moreover, someone said I can try to work with a brighter red so that it looks better. The main problem that I found after I looked at my feedback was the size of the title isn't big enough to prove that it is a title. They suggested that I could make "The funniest book of the year- Daily Mail" smaller than the title as it isn't the title of the book.

Back cover- People said the text was too close to the image (glasses) they suggested I could make it into a column. Also they said I should make the pencil look more like a real pencil, I should make a little triangle at the lower part of the pencil to represent graphite. Someone suggested I could even make the text smaller and make the paragraphs closer together.

Spine- People suggested that I could make more gap between the text "Sue Townsend" and "The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole Aged 13 3/4".

Things to do oven weekend:
- Try to remove the text in the red sock or remove some text in the red sock
- Try a brighter red to apply to the red sock
- Make the background brighter
- Draw the pencil again
- Make the title size larger and make the quote smaller
- Make the  text smaller and make the paragraphs closer together on the back cover  

No comments:

Post a Comment