Friday 3 March 2017

Design development

 This was the design that I worked the most, I made it in a really simple design which just contained three objects from the story, even the glasses only appeared in the TV series but I wanted to put it in my design so that it can attract those people who already watched the TV series, due to the fact that this is the children book, I wanted to make attraction to children so I used three objects from the story (glasses, pencil and red sock) to make them look alike a smile face. I showed this design during the final crit and people gave me feedback, for the front cover, people said the idea that put all the main characters and things from the book to the red sock was really interesting. But someone said I don't really have to put all details into the sock, may be just some of them so that it looks simpler. Moreover, someone said I can try to work with a brighter red so that it looks better. The main problem that I found after I looked at my feedback was the size of the title isn't big enough to prove that it is a title. They suggested that I could make "The funniest book of the year- Daily Mail" smaller than the title as it isn't the title of the book. Back cover- People said the text was too close to the image (glasses) they suggested I could make it into a column. Also they said I should make the pencil look more like a real pencil, I should make a little triangle at the lower part of the pencil to represent graphite. Someone suggested I could even make the text smaller and make the paragraphs closer together. Spine- People suggested that I could make more gap between the text "Sue Townsend" and "The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole Aged 13 3/4". Therefore, I made some changes in my final design to make it looks better, I removed the text in the red sock and applied a brighter red to the red sock. Moreover, to make the reader can see the text easier, I used a brighter grey as my background colour. As someone suggested me to make the pencil better, I drew it again, I cut it into three parts (rubber, body and lead). Also, I made the size of the title larger the quote smaller so that people can focus on the title. Last, I made the text smaller and made the paragraphs closer together on the back cover. The result was better than this one a lot.  

No comments:

Post a Comment