Saturday 31 December 2016

Made an A5 booklet with my chosen theme

  As I have a strong interest in Kpop so I choose Kpop as the theme and made my A5 booklet. Before I started to make my booklet, I tried to think what I did well and what I should improve from the previous experience of making the booklet (Pantone booklet). Hence, I kept remind myself I should put the text at the centre this time so that it won't be cutout.
  As I have chosen Kpop as my theme so I did a research about what is Kpop, a full explanation of K-pop is Korean pop music, Upbeat tunes, friendly lyrics and fiendishly catchy hooks are the hallmarks of a K-pop hit. Songs are usually paired with big-budget videos in which perfectly groomed girl or boy bands show off flawless choreography in front of elaborate sets. During Japanese occupation (1910-1945) local and foreign composers created a mix of traditional Korean music and Gospel, that is popular until today and known as “Trot”. Even I love Kpop very much, I didn't know that much about the history of Kpop before I did that research.



  When I started my design, I got an interesting idea, as my theme was about Kpop so most of the things inside the book should be related to Korea. Therefore, I used red and blue which represents the Korea flag. I used Univers LT Std as the basic typeface because it looks simple and thick. As I wanted to design something related to Korea so I used the word "pop" as the started point and I tried to put the Korea map, Korea flag and Korea dollar symbol into the typeface so that it looks more unique. 

                                                 

  When I started to design the content, I left about 1mm between the boundaries and the group of text so that I could make sure when I print the book it won't be cutout.

                                               

                                       

  Overall, I think it was very interesting as I could choose any theme that I want and produce a booklet, I really like the outcome especially the word "Kpop" works very well, it showed the relationship between Kpop and Korea. I made the booklet looks a bit different with last time, I made it like a leaflet this time because I wanted to learn more format to make the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment