Sunday 4 December 2016

How to make a booklet

  As I have no ideas about how to make a booklet at the beginning and it was my first time to make a small booklet so I found some information about hot to make a booklet from the internet. I found a useful website to bind a booklet.
http://www.creativebloq.com/indesign/bind-your-own-books-5132651

  Basically, we need to set up our book's page template in InDesign as a new document. The page size, columns and margins will depend on our preference, but the main point is to add an extra 10mm to the inside margin and a 3mm bleed. After that we need to export the file as a PDF and print the page into double side. When the pages are printed out, we need to draw a line from the top to the bottom of the page, 5mm in from the spine, it is where the pages will be stitched. Along that line, mark a dot 10mm from the top and one 10mm from the bottom, then put some dots in between these. And then we can just start stitching and glue the spine.


  However, I thought binding a book may be a bit difficult for me at that time as I have no knowledge about how to make a book so I just wanted to keep it simple. I looked at the simplest technique of making a booklet.


                                     

  Basically, we just need to fold the A4 paper into half(A5 X2) and then just use a stapler to staple the pages together, it is the simplest way but can produce a good quality of booklet so I decided to make my booklet like this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment