Monday 24 April 2017

Design development

  We started with the LCA colours to make it link to the LCA branding, therefore giving the RAUM branding a subtle link to the college. But after a crit, people said it was too much of a link to Lca. Hence, we decided to go with IKB for visual power. However, because IKB can't be screen printed because it would cost too much to get made (because of the chemicals needed to make it), we had to use Ultramarine Blue.

  As I looked some examples of the exhibition invites before, most of them were simple design, so I didn’t want to make it looks complex. Due to the fact that the RAUM logo contained a line so I thought it would be great if I also applied it into the invites so that it could fits with the whole branding. Basically, I just put the exhibition information into the invites. I asked some people which shape do they prefer and most of them agreed with the rectangle works better than the oval with rectangle. Therefore, I just developed the invites with the rectangle shape. To create more contrast so that people can read easily, I thought it would be better to make the blue as the background colour rather than white because I tried it in white as the background, unfortunately I couldn’t really read the details. So I just changed the background to Ultramarine Blue.





  Actually, we decided to do the invites with letterpress (the logo and the text), however, there were no suitable typeface and size so we just did that in screen printing.

                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment