Tuesday 11 April 2017

Research for studio brief 3




  At the beginning, we decided the group name just be “PPF” which means past, present and future. However, we got a better idea which was “RAUM” because a lot of tradition printing process were translated to German. For example Lithography. It is a printing process that uses a flat stone or metal 
plate on which the image areas are worked using a greasy(slick) material. Lithography was invented in the late eighteenth century, initially using Bavarian limestone as the printing surface. Its invention made it possible to print a much wider range of marks and areas of tone than possible with earlier printmaking relief or intaglio methods.




  To be honest, I did more research focused on people’s work rather than just theoretical research. Since I looked at some examples of the exhibition invites, I got some ideas how could I develop the invites. Basically, those invites just contained few information such as the title of the exhibition, venue, time, and date, etc. Hence, I understood that I couldn’t put too much information on the invite card, otherwise, it may make people even more confused. Basically, I may just put the exhibition details into the invites so that people can read easily and get all the details within few seconds.


No comments:

Post a Comment